,     ,     

www.cardinalsjerseysproshop.com

- WWW.ORAGIE.COM - - ->
::  
hongwei28

: 21 2018
: 95

: 28 , 2019 9:56 am    : www.cardinalsjerseysproshop.com

Cardinals special teams coordinator Jeff Rodgers did a fabulous job this past season in improving the units performance from the worst in the NFL in 2017 to 5th best in 2018.Two of the main reasons why were undrafted rookie free agents Dennis Gardeck (Sioux Falls) and Zeke Turner (Washington) D.J. Swearinger Jersey 2019 , who combined for 23 tackles and punt block TD.Down the stretch last year, I was hoping that the coaches would play Gardeck and Turner as the ILB tandem in their defense-but it never happened.Gardeck caught my attention in the first pre-season game when at MIKE LB he recorded 5 tackles in the second half versus the Chargers, and his superb TD saving tackle on QB Nik Simonek three yards from the goal line sealed the Cardinals 24-17 victory.In the final pre-season game, Zeke Turner pretty much caught every Cardinals fans attention when he got extensive minutes at WILL LB and cashed in with 10 tackles and 1 sack.In light of that stunning performance, it was mind-boggling, especially in light of the teams struggles at ILB, that Turner was never tried there during the regular season.For a team that has had its struggles with tackling, Gardeck and Turner are bright lights.Both of them are ballers and both of them relish the art of tackling.Which leads me to the point of this article-what if?What if the Cardinals new defensive coordinator, Vance Joseph, gives Dennis Gardeck and Zeke Turner the opportunity to compete for and possibly win the 34 SILB and 34 WILB positions?The UFA inside linebacker that Seth Cox and I and many of you have been coveting is C.J. Mosely of the Ravens. And by all means we hope the Cardinals sign him.But, whether they can sign Mosely or not, when I did a comparison of Gardecks and Moselys measurables, here is what I discovered:Height: Gardeck (6.04), Mosely (6.16)Weight: Gardeck: 242, Mosely: 23840 Time: Gardeck: 4.57, Mosely: 4.633 Cone: Gardeck: 7.35, Mosely: 7.30225 Bench: Gardeck: 31, Mosely: 21Vertical Jump: Gardeck: 36.5: KeeSean Johnson Arizona Cardinals Jersey , Mosely: 35Broad Jump: Gardeck: 10 6, Mosely: 9 10What the comparison suggests is that Dennis Gardeck and C.J. Mosely are similar athletes in terms of size, speed and explosiveness.Of course, Mosely is an experienced Pro Bowl quality ILB, and Gardeck is now learning to play inside, as he was an edge player in college.But, still...Could the Cardinals already have a diamond in the rough at SILB?There are two main things that excite me about Gardecks chances...(1) he loves to to tackle (420 tackles at West Virginia St. and Soiux Falls) and (2) he is adept at getting to the QB (46 career sacks). The question is-can he make quick reads and hold up well in pass coverage? Gardeck strikes me as the kind of athlete and competitor who can and who will, given the opportunity.When I started wondering whom I should compare Zeke Turner to, as a candidate for 34 WILB, I asked myself, who was the best Cardinal to play that position? Aha, of course, Daryl Washington. And I immediately thought, no way can Turner measure up with D-Wash.However...check this out:Height: Turner: 6.2, Washington: 6.2Weight: Turner: 214, Washington: 23040 Time: Turner: 4.65, Washington: 4.653 Cone: Turner: 6.95, Washington: 7.07225 Bench: Turner: 19 2019 KeeSean Johnson Jersey , Washington: 17Vertical Jump: Turner: 30.5, Washington 31Broad Jump: Turner: 9 5, Washington: 9 6WAY!The one disparity is D-Wash being 16 pounds heavier-but Turner can easily put on another 10-14 pounds of muscle weight. After that, we are basically looking at two very similar athletes in terms of height, speed and explosiveness.Interesting too that Turner out bench pressed D-Wash despite being 16 pounds lighter.Quite frankly, when Turner was all over the field, plugging holes and chasing the ball while making his 10 tackles and 1 sack versus the Broncos I had flashbacks to D-Wash. I hadnt see any Cardinal ILB as explosive in recent years.I think that if Turner is given a fair chance to compete for the 34 WILB position, he can win that job and thrive. Again, as is the case with Gardeck, Turner will have to show that he can make his reads quickly and that he is an asset in pass coverage. Having played in the vaunted secondary at Washington, Turner is well versed in the art and the techniques.What if...?Should the Cardinals and their fans be excited about Gardecks and Turners prospects?In addition, I would be remiss if I left out Joe Walker-whose numbers are actually the most impressive of the three.Walker was a high school star in Southern California who was not offered any Division 1 scholarships. His senior year, he tore his labrom and had surgery to repair it.-same thing that happened to TE Jace Amaro, his 2nd season with the Jets. Walker enrolled in a junior college, sat out a year doing rehab, then was a 1st team Junior College All-American at ILB, which prompted the Oregon Ducks to offer him a scholarship.Walker had a very good career at Oregon leading the Ducks in tackles his senior year with 87.He was not, however Black Pharoh Cooper Jersey , invited to the Combine-but here were his pro day numbers and how they would have compared to the linebackers numbers at the Combine:At 6-2, 23640 Time: 4.56 (5th)3 Cone: 6.81 (2nd)225 Bench: 23 (3rd)Vertical Jump: 37.5 (3rd)Broad Jump: 10 4 (4th)Top 5 in all categories. Notice the 4.56 speed and 6.81 3 cone quickness.Interestingly, Walker was drafted by the Eagles with the 251st pick of the 2016 NFL Draft...a pick the Eagles obtained from the Cardinals in the Matt Barkley trade.Walker was meant to be a Cardinal all along.What Walkers numbers suggest to me is that he could be a factor at both inside LB spots in the 34. He played in the 43 in Philly and last year in Arizona, where he was better suited to play WOLB. The switch to the 34 should be a boon for Joe Walker, as the 34 suits his skills very well working in a tandem on the inside. Yes, the Cardinals have Dennis the Menace and Zeke the Freak...But, lets not forget about Joe the Pato.Add Walkers 9 combined special teams tackles (7 solo) to Gardecks 7 (7 solo) and Turners 16 (13 solos) and this is one of the main reasons why the Cardinals kick coverages were in the top 5 of the NFL. Now-can the Cardinals integrate them into their 34 defense? They say tackling is contagious...and the Cardinals have the 32nd worst run defense to turn around in 2019. Time to get busy ballin like the Menace, the Freak and the Pato. Happy gameday one and all, hope your week has been a good one and the week without the Arizona Cardinals helped your blood pressure.This week, we get the pleasure of of the Cardinals taking on the best offense in the NFL, so we could be in a for a long one.Lets not waste anytime, lets get the day started by taking a look around the web at the Arizona Cardinals.Five Things To Watch: #AZvsKCA look at the top storylines for Sunday's gameByron Leftwich Wants David Johnsons InputNotes: Star RB becoming more vocal; Budda Baker should play; coin flip perfectionTune-In Information For Cardinals-ChiefsAll the ways to track the Week 10 matchupCardinals Embracing Matchup With High-Flying ChiefsDefense has tough task against MVP candidate Patrick MahomesFriday before the Chiefs, and a certain comfortSpotlight - Josh RosenLisa Matthews sits down with rookie QB Josh Rosen to discuss his development and how he's evolved into his new role.Wired - 'The Best Of'Listen in to the compilation of the best sights and sounds from the first half of the season.Cardinals Chronicles - First Half Of The SeasonHear the players chronicle the first half of the season through their words.Zoom - '42'Zoom into the words and wisdom of Pat Tillman, who would have turned 42 this week.Too small, too slow: Christian Kirk motivated by the pre-draft haters - Arizona Cardinals Blog- ESPNThe Cardinals' Christian Kirk ranks second among NFL rookie receivers in receptions and receiving yards.Leftwich, Fitzgerald have goals to reach in front of former Cards HC AriansBruce Arians will call the Arizona Cardinals' game against the Kansas City Chiefs, and he'll get to watch his protege Byron Leftwich call his second game. Meanwhile, Larry Fitzgerald chases another record.Cardinals GM Steve Keim rooting for Byron Leftwich's future as OCThe long-term job status of Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich is fluid as he enters his second game on the job Pharoh Cooper Jersey 2019 , team general manager Steve Keim said Friday on 98.7 FM Arizona's Sports Station.Cardinals C Mason Cole, like his fellow rookies, taking 1st-year lumpsThe first half of center Mason Cole's rookie season has included its share of ups and downs, but the Arizona Cardinals know it's also been invaluable experience.The 5: Cardinals' best quotes about Chiefs' explosive weaponryThe Arizona Cardinals know they have a tall task of limiting a Kansas City Chiefs offense led by Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce.Cardinals vs. Chiefs: 5 stories from KC for Cardinals fans should knowWhether it is a franchise record or crazy streaks, Cardinals fans should be familiar with these stories about the team's next opponent.Cardinals vs. Chiefs: Offensive stats are eye-popping for KCThe Cardinals will have a very tough task defensively this weekend.Byron Leftwich calls on playing days to know what to say to Josh Rosen"I'm not thinking demeanor. I'm just trying to tell Josh what he needs to hear."KC Chiefs defensive numbers give reason for hope for Cardinals offenseThe Chiefs are one of the worst defensive teams in the NFL in every category.Chad Williams, Robert Nkemdiche to miss game vs. ChiefsThe Cardinals expect Tre Boston, Corey Peters and Justin Pugh to be back in the lineup.Chiefs final injury report: Sammy Watkins, others are questionableThree players were upgraded to limited participants on Friday and hope to play on Sunday.Cardinals vs. Chiefs preview: 5 things to know about ChiefsChief Wire's Charles Goldman gives some insight to the Cardinals' coming opponent.Cardinals vs. Chiefs, Week 10 preview: 5 keys to upset win for AZAlmost everything will have to go perfectly for the Cardinals to beat one of the best teams in the NFL.Arizona Cardinals to use new uniform combo vs. ChiefsThe last time the Cardinals used the white tops and red bottoms, John Skelton was a rookie, started and lost to Jimmy Clausen.
1 1